Join us for a free and fun community event at the Salt River!
Bring your family and friends to experience a day of outdoor activities and opportunities to learn more about the Salt River and its natural habitat.
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2022
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Cost: FREE – no registration required
Rio Salado Habitat
2439 S. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Limited parking at the trailhead/event site. There is also overflow parking at Sealco: 215 E Watkins Rd (just east of the event site).
- Walk for the Wild – a self-guided 3K walk, with educational stations along the river
- Nature tent with fun presentations – 30-minute segments on monarch butterflies, reptiles, birds, litter plants and insects!
- Works with local officials and effective community-based organizations to leverage area resources and stimulate local economies to create local jobs.
- Story-walk for kids- check out some nature-filled books for kids
- Audubon native plant sale
- Over 30 community partner booths filled with fun activities for the whole family
- and more!
Join us at 9:00 a.m. for the official signing of the Urban Bird Treaty hosted by Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Help us preserve the river
Come at 7:00 a.m. to join us in a Salt River clean-up activity. A great way to give back to your community and help to preserve our precious river ecosystem.
Participating organizations include:
ASU Central AZ Phoenix Long-Term Ecological Research (CAP-LTER)
Arizona Game & Fish Department (AZGFD)
Arizona Hydrological Society
AZ Master Naturalist
Bureau of Land ManagementCocoon Initiative
Desert Botanical Garden
Desert Rivers Audubon
Arizona Department of Forestry & Fire Management
Keep Phoenix Beautiful
Maricopa Audubon (Audubon Plant Sale)
Maricopa County Parks Department
Phoenix Herpetological Society
City of Phoenix Library
City of Phoenix Stormwater
Phoenix Water Wranglers
Rio Reimagined / Lower Gila River Collaborative
Rio Salado HRA
Soil & Water Cons.
Southwest Monarch Study
Tonto National Forest
US Fish & Wildlife Service
Wild at Heart/Sierra Club
A special thank you to our sponsors!
City of Phoenix
Arizona Game and Fish Department
Friends of the Bill Williams River/Havasu National Wildlife Refuges
Arizona State University